Synchronous ONFI NAND Flash Controller
Frequently Asked Questions about NAND Flash
- Supports single-level and multi-level cells (SLC and MLC) NAND Flash devices.
- Compatible with ONFI 2.1 Flash Interface for synchronous and asynchronous access.
- Supports source synchronous double data rate data transfer for highest possible data bandwidth.
- Supports 2k and 4k page sizes.
- Simple user interface designed for easy on-chip integration.
- Choices of AHB, AXI, Wishbone and Avalon user interface.
- Built-in DMA engine for autonomous data transfer.
- Internal data buffer to maximize data bandwidth.
- Optional ECC correction with BCH code for 4, 8, 12 or more error bits per 512 bytes.
- Stores ECC code in spare column area.
- Write-triggered read operation eliminates long wait states when open a new page,
- Enable NAND Flash to be used as BOOT ROM.
- Compatible with standard FTL software and Linux JFFS2 for wear leveling and bad block management.
- Designed for ASIC and FPGA implementation
- Choices of AHB, AXI, PLB, Wishbone and Avalon user interface.
- Hamming code and BCH ECC.
- Built in DMA Controller for boot code and data transfer.